Sanic strives to be "Unopinionated and flexible":
Build the way you want to build without letting your tooling constrain you.
But what happens when you want all the goodies? Sanic Extensions is an officially supported Sanic plugin to provide application developers with additional tools and features.
- Auto create HEAD, OPTIONS, and TRACE endpoints
- CORS protection
- Predefined, endpoint-specific response serializers
- Argument injection into route handlers
- OpenAPI documentation with Redoc and/or Swagger
- Request query arguments and body input validation
pip install sanic[ext] # OR pip install sanic sanic-ext
from sanic import Sanic app = Sanic("MyHelloWorldApp")
Nothing new. Just start using Sanic and it will automatically be extended!
Go to the User Guide to learn more
Sanic Extensions is still in ALPHA release. The API is not likely to change. It will move to BETA with v22.3.