Alpaca Travel Mapping Documentation
Alpaca Travel offers mapping services for developers to build their own interactive travel maps.
Alpaca Travel is a platform focused on supporting travel content creators. In addition to the embeddable versions of the content, Alpaca offer a set of services to provide access to the data to build your own maps and applications.
Alpaca provides an interactive client that you can access for resources hosted on the platform. This can be used to interact with features and identify what mapping data is available.
- Mapping Service Interact with mapping resources (Requires API Key)
Itineraries refers to the broad category of content published on the platform, including trails, trips and lists.
- Working with GeoJSON and Vector Tiles An overview to getting started with GeoJSON and Vector Tiles when working with itineraries.
- Itinerary GeoJSON and Vector Tiles Reference A comprehensive reference for the data available within GeoJSON and Vector Tile representations of Itinerary
- Mapbox Building thoroughly customisable maps presenting itineraries using Mapbox
- Google Maps Platform Integrating with Google Maps Platform
- Working with SVG Working with SVG exports of itineraries such as stylising curved and generalised representations of itineraries.
You will need to obtain your API Key in order to authenticate your application
requests. Resources will need to include
?accessToken= query parameter with
Alpaca require correct attribution for using mapping data. This includes at a minimum displaying: